Not only do we aim to be highly regarded individuals within our own specialist field, we also strive to be champions of change in our profession with our innovative and alternative business model.
These leadership projects involve a generous – but rewarding - donation of our time. Recent contributions worth highlighting include:
- Coordination of Latin Atlantic Tech Law Collaborative at Florida International University
- Participation in the Commission on the Digital Economy at the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- Participation in the working group for the GDPR Legitimate Interests Assessment Project at the Information Accountability Foundation – IAF
- Membership of the FIDE Foundation, a major think-tank in Spain, where Javier F. Samaniego runs the blog 'Metamorphosis' on legal issues connected with innovation and disruptive technology. Javier also chairs the working group on implementation of GDPR in Spain and regularly speaks at FIDE seminars on Digital Economy legal issues such as Big Data, FinTech, Robotics, etc
- The firm is a member of Google Privacy Chair at San Pablo University CEU (Spain)
- Participation in the European Board of CPR – Center of Conflict Prevention and Resolution, NY, USA
Our leadership is also acknowledged by independent international legal directories. Our team members are top ranked by leading ranking institutes and have won prestigious awards in their fields.
- Shortlisted for FT Innovative Lawyers Report and Awards for Europe as Legal Innovator of the Year (Javier F. Samaniego) and Pioneering an Iberoamerican Alternative Law Firm model (Sep 2017)
- Chambers & Partners Europe legal directory: Band 1 for IT (Spain) and Recognized Practitioner for Dispute Resolution (also Global edition)
- We form part of the Select Counsel network
- Best Lawyers legal directory names Javier F. Samaniego as the Best Lawyer in Spain for Technology Law (2017), Privacy & Data Protection (2014 and 2016), Information Technology (2015)
- Who´s Who Legal legal directory listing in Data: IT, Aviation: Regulatory and Arbitration: Future Leaders - Partners
- Javier F. Samaniego was winner of International Law Office (ILO) Client Choice awards in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015
- Javier F. Samaniego was winner of Iberian Lawyer 40 under 40 awards in 2007 and 2011